MHG11735 - Lednabirichen
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- None recorded
NH79SE 15 7610 9304.
(Area: NH 759 933) On the W side of the westmost of the two tracks which enter the Harriet Plantation from the S, and some 200 yards N of the road past Birichin, is a small circular enclosure, surrounded by the base of a wall, outlined on both faces with boulders. The walls are 3' 6" thick, the interior about 3' diameter, and the entrance from the S. is through a passage 3' long and 1' 1" to 1' 4" wide.
RCAHMS 1911, visited 1909.
This enclosure is at NH 7610 9304 and is as described by RCAHMS. Its purpose is uncertain but it is undoubtedly contemporary with a depopulated farmstead c. 50.0m to the NNE.
Visited by OS (A A) 25 March 1971.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7610 9304 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14838 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.