MHG11743 - Evelix Old Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
The bridge crosses the Evelix River on Bonar Bridge to Golspie road, c.1810. <1>
In 2014 ARCH provided a number of courses, field trips and other activities exploring and researching the remains of the 19th century engineer, road and church builder Thomas Telford. A project was undertaken in Kyle of Sutherland, during which many sites were visited and photographed by participants. Evelix Old Bridge was photographed during this project. <2>
- <1> SHG364 Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde. pp. 43, 45.
- <2> SHG27906 Dataset/Database File: Kruse, S.. 2015. Telford in the Kyle of Sutherland Project. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. Site 1.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7684 9045 (24m by 32m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (4)
- http://kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=HL062 (View more information on this bridge from a website about Highland Bridges)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB609 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.archhighland.org.uk/telford-in-kyle-of-sutherland.asp (Visit the ARCH Telford in the Kyle of Sutherland Project page)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14846 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.