MHG11806 - Black Wood
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MOUND (Undated)
- None recorded
NH78NW 6 7006 8866.
(NH 7006 8866) Cairn (NR) (Remains of)
OS 6" map, Sutherland, 2nd ed., (1907)
The cairn in the Black Wood, near the shore, has been almost entirely removed. There are two small mounds to the W of it.
No traces survive of either cairn or mounds in a densely planted forest. Visited by OS (N K B) 21 October 1969.
(NH 7006 8866) Cairn (NR) (site of)
OS 1:10,000 map, (1973)
No change to the previous field report.
Visited by OS (J M) 17 September 1980.
RCAHMS, 1911, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland, 30, No. 78 (Text/Report). SHG2657.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7005 8865 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14676 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.