MHG11813 - Loch A' Vicair
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Undated)
- None recorded
NH79NE 16 7738 9948.
At NH 7738 9948 on a W-facing slope is a mutilated stone-walled hut within an associated field system.
The hut of which RCAHMS (1911) state that only the W side remains, is visible as a platform c. 8m diameter, built up on the slope and within a wall of indeterminate thickness, which is destroyed in the N arc. A gap, 3m wide in the S may indicate the position of the entrance. A lynchet extends NE and SE from the hut but generally the field system is marked only by scattered stone clearance heaps (noted as a large group of mounds by the RCAHMS) and merges into recent cultivation in the W. There are no measurable cultivation plots.
RCAHMS 1911, visited 1909; Visited by OS (N K B) 25 November 1969.
Surveyed at 1/10,000. Visited by OS (J M) 7 May 1975.
RCAHMS, 1911, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland, 95, No. 278 (Text/Report). SHG2657.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7757 9944 (555m by 463m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14756 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.