MHG11820 - BA Flat Axe, Skibo
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
See also NH69SW 22.
An early Bronze Age flat-axe (Type Bb) from Skibo (NH 73 89) is in the NMAS (Acc. No. DA 117).
J M Coles 1971.
(Unclassified flat axe). Single find. Flat axe, badly corroded, brown; length 110mm, butt 24mm, cutting edge 57mm, weight 205 gms. NMAS DA 117.
P K Schmidt and C B Burgess 1981.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Coles, J M. 1971. 'Scottish Early Bronze Age metalwork', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 101 1968-9, p.1-110. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 1-110. 85.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Piggott and Stewart, S and [C] M. 1958. Early and Middle Bronze Age grave-groups and hoards from Scotland: Inventaria Archaeologia, Great Britain, V. 26, no. 1.
- --- Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. DA 117.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Schmidt and Burgess, P K and C B. 1981. 'The axes of Scotland and Northern England', Prahistorische Bronzefunde Vol. 9. Prahistorische Bronzefunde. 49, no. 257.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7300 8899 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14652 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.