MHG11885 - BA Flanged Axe, Wordburn Farm, Rosehall
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
A MBA flanged axe from Wordburn Farm, Rosehall (NC 475 015) appeared in the Scottish Exhibition of National History, Art and Industry in Glasgow in 1911. (Palace of History 1911) Its present whereabouts are not stated. Found in 1902
J M Coles 1966; Palace of History 1911.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Coles, J M. 1966. 'Scottish Middle Bronze Age metalwork', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 97 1963-4, p.82-156. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 82-156. 139.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Glaister, J (et al). 1911. Scottish exhibition of national history, art and industry, Glasgow (1911): Palace of History catalogue of exhibits. 855.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Schmidt and Burgess, P K and C B. 1981. 'The axes of Scotland and Northern England', Prahistorische Bronzefunde Vol. 9. Prahistorische Bronzefunde. 258.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 4750 0150 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4863 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.