MHG11890 - River Oykel
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NC40SW 13 432 011
Centred NC 432 011 Unnamed depopulation.
W Roy 1747-55.
Footings of five buildings.
Visited by OS (WDJ) 3 April 1963.
An unroofed building is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879, sheet ci), but is not shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,000 map (1990).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 22 September 1995
The remains of at least three buildings were noted at this location. Associated with these remains were several pit features, elevated on a dry glacial ridge. These may be storage pits for potatoes or serve some other function.
See Hlink (photos)
Information supplied by Dr N Lindsay, 13/03/02.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 4319 0110 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4869 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.