MHG12071 - Druim Baile Fuir
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Scheduled Ancient Monument Management Plan, 1st April 2003 to 31st March 2008. HS, 11/03/03. See assoc. docs. File.
J Aitken : 25/03/03
NC50SE 16 561 029.
(Centred NC 561 029) A hut circle with its entrance from the SW lies about 100 yards E of the cairn (NC50SE 18). The inner line of the wall is marked by pointed stones (the highest about 2ft high) projecting at irregular intervals. The enclosure is circular with a diameter of 26ft. The width of the entrance is not ascertainable.
RCAHMS 1911, visited 1909.
This hut circle was not located in an area, ploughed and re-afforested. Visited by OS (R D L) 28 June 1963.
No change to previous field report.
Visited by OS (J M) 31 August 1976.
Re-scheduled by Historic Scotland, 10/03/02.
See assoc. docs. File for SMR NC50SE0012.
J Aitken : 23/05/02.
- --- Text/Report/Management Plan: Forestry Commission & Historic Scotland. 2008. Druim Baile Fiur, Stone Circle, Cairns and Hut Circles 1200 m NW of Achany. Digital (scanned as PDF).
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1911. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland. . 143, No. 411.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5610 0290 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1784 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5077 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.