MHG12072 - Druim Baile Fuir North
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Scheduled Ancient Monument Management Plan, 1st April 2003 to 31st March 2008. HS, 11/03/03. See assoc. docs. File.
J Aitken : 25/03/03
NC50SE 18 5603 0292.
(NC 5603 0292) Cairn (NR).
OS 1:10,000 map, (1970)
A turf-covered cairn, situated on the edge of a declivity, consisting of a base platform 12.1m in diameter, which forms a berm 2.1m to 3.0m wide to a mound 1.2m to 1.8m high.
RCAHMS 1911; Visited by OS (R D L) 26 June 1963.
This cairn, as described by previous authorities, is situated in a clearing within a forestry plantation which encroaches on the margin of the cairn.
Revised at 1:10 000.
Visited by OS (J M) 31 August 1976.
Re-scheduled by Historic Scotland, 11/03/02.
See assoc. docs. File for SMR NC50SE0012.
J Aikten : 16/05/02.
RCAHMS, 1911, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland, 156, No. 450 (Text/Report). SHG2657.
Forestry Commission & Historic Scotland, 2008, Druim Baile Fiur, Stone Circle, Cairns and Hut Circles 1200 m NW of Achany (Text/Report/Management Plan). SHG23379.
- --- Text/Report/Management Plan: Forestry Commission & Historic Scotland. 2008. Druim Baile Fiur, Stone Circle, Cairns and Hut Circles 1200 m NW of Achany. Digital (scanned as PDF).
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1911. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland. . 156, No. 450.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5603 0291 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:1784 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1784 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5079 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.