MHG12099 - Inchnadamph, Old Manse
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MANSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NC22SE 6 2523 2183.
Assynt Parish manse was visited by the Assynt's Hidden Lives project in December 2009.
On a flat area in the valley north of the bridge, along a gravel track where there are a number of inhabited houses, sits the Inchnadamph Lodge, a seasonal hostel. It is a two storey building facing the south with an M-shaped gable on its east and west sides. Garden walls frame the north and south elevations and the E elevation supports two chimneys and a blocked window. <1>
Alistair Hawkins Architect, 2015, Photographic Survey - Inchnadamph Lodge & Outbuildings (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG27316.
<1> Cavers, G & Hudson, G, 05/2010, Assynt's Hidden Lives: An archaeological survey of the the parish, 134, p.130 (Text/Report/Fieldwork Report). SHG24882.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Alistair Hawkins Architect. 2015. Photographic Survey - Inchnadamph Lodge & Outbuildings. Colour. Digital.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Cavers, G & Hudson, G. 05/2010. Assynt's Hidden Lives: An archaeological survey of the the parish. AOC Archaeology Group and Historic Assynt. 01/08/2010. Digital. 134, p.130.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 2523 2183 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:1826 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1826 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4656 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.