MHG12192 - Achany
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- ARCH BRIDGE (Built, 19th Century - 1820 AD to 1820 AD (circa))
- ROAD BRIDGE (Built, 19th Century - 1820 AD to 1820 AD (circa))
- None recorded
19th century, segmental arch across the Grudie Burn on the road from Lairg to Rosehall. <1>
This site was visited during a walkover survey in April 2009. An attractive single-arched rubble bridge probably dating to 1820 and the construction of the road. <2>
- <1> Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dagg, C. 2009. Achany Windfarm, Lairg, Sutherland, Underground Grid Connection: Archaeological Evaluation. Catherine Dagg. Digital. Site 8.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5526 0346 (50m by 50m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5129 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.