MHG12216 - Stoer Lighthouse

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • LIGHTHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

Full Description

NC03SW 6 0037 3300

The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, p.107) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974

J Aitken : 19/2/2004
------

(Location cited as NC 003 330). Stoer Head Lighthouse, built 1870, engineers D and T Stevenson. A short circular-section tower linked at two levels to a flat-roofed two-storey block of keepers' houses.
J R Hume 1977.

This lighthouse was automated, and became unattended, in 1978.
R W Munro 1979.

Sources/Archives (5)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NC 0036 3296 (26m by 32m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NC03SW
Geographical Area SUTHERLAND
Civil Parish ASSYNT

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (2)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.