MHG12236 - Duartmore Township
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC13NE 2 centred on NC 185 365
Dowartmor (now Duartmore).
W Roy 1747-55.
Ruins measuring 11.0m x 5.0m and 1.0m high of some 7 buildings and 2 enclosures. Visited by OS (WDJ) 21 April 1961.
A small township comprising one roofed and five unroofed buildings, two conjoined enclosures and one larger enlosure, is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1878, sheet xlix). Five unroofed buildings, one of which has two compartments and another which is a long building of three compartments, three conjoined enclosures and one larger enclosure are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,000 map (1991).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 31 August 1995
|Grid reference||Centred NC 1852 3667 (408m by 590m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4547 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.