MHG12253 - Site of Several Possible Burial Cairns/Mounds, Cnoc Bearg
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BURIAL CAIRN (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC to 560 AD)
- None recorded
NC02NW 5 0362 2772.
(Centred NC 0362 2772) Tumuli (NR) (Ten shown - two obscured by ornament)
OS 6"map, Sutherland, 2nd ed., (1907)
Noted but not described. RCAHMS 1911.
A number of small burial mounds or hummocks near the broch (NC02NW 2) with which it is supposed they are associated in time. Name Book 1875.
There is no trace of any cairns or mounds in the position indicated on the OS map. Visited by OS (G H P) 10 May 1962.
No further indication. Visited by OS (A A) 31 July 1974.
No change. Visited by OS (J B) 28 July 1980.
Name Book (County), Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Book No. 18, 155 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3348.
Untitled Source (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG4436.
RCAHMS, 1911, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland, 3 (Text/Report). SHG2657.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1911. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland. . 3.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 18, 155.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): B/W Negative. .
|Grid reference||Centred NC 0362 2772 (16m by 16m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4502 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.