MHG12377 - Dailmallart
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SETTLEMENT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC63NE 54 672 378.
An area of depopulation with about ten building foundations ranging from 4m by 2m to 26m by 4m. A kiln was identified at NC 6722 3767. A local shepherd named the site as 'Dailmallart'.
Visited by OS 8 May 1961.
Cleared 1814-19. J Prebble 1963.
A farmstead comprising an unroofed building and an enclosure, and a head-dyke are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1878, sheet xliv). Eight unroofed buildings, two enclosures and some boundary walls are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,000 map (1987).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 5 October 1995
|Grid reference||Centred NC 6705 3780 (475m by 525m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5587 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.