MHG12417 - Flint Arrowheads, by Kinvonvie Farmhouse
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Flint Arrow Heads found here AD. 1869 (NAT)
OS 6"map, Sutherlandshire, 2nd ed., (1907)
Adjacent to Kinvonovie farm house, flint arrow heads were found AD 1863 and are deposited in the museum at Dunrobin.
Name Book 1873.
No further information was found during field investigation.
Visited by OS (W D J) 30 June 1960.
These flint arrowheads are not listed in the Dunrobin Museum Accession Register. There are collections of leaf-shaped, hollow-based and barbed-and-tanged arrowheads "found locally, mainly from Ferry Links" (See NH89NW 2) in the museum (Acc Nos: X 10, 11, 12) but the date of accession is unknown.
Visited by OS (N K B) 12 December 1980.
Name Book (County), Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Book No. 31, 40 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3363.
Ketteringham L, 1997, A History of Lairg (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2376.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 6008 0620 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- ARROWHEAD (Undated)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5430 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.