MHG12640 - Dun Creagach
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- RIG AND FURROW (Undated)
- CLEARANCE CAIRN (Undated)
- None recorded
Enclosure (NR) OS 6" map, (1964)
The mutilated remains of a stone-walled hut circle measuring 15m E-W by 14m within a wall 0.7m high and spread to 2.5m. A 6m length of the hut's wall has been destroyed in the ENE. The entrance,in the E,is defined by three slabs on edge; clared stones abut the wall on the outer side of the entrance. One clearance heap was noted, elsewhere the ground is occupied by run-rig.
RCAHMS 1911, visited 1909; Visited by OS (W D J) 11 May 1961 and (J B) 21 March 1977.
RCAHMS, 1911, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland, 65, No. 198 (Text/Report). SHG2657.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 6047 3532 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5599 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.