MHG12741 - Leaf Shaped Arrowhead, Dola
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
A leaf-shaped flint arrow-head 1 1/2" long was found in digging peats at Dulaich, Lairg (Dulaich or Dola: NC 609 076), and was presented to the NMAS by A O Curle. (Acc.No. AD 1428)
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1910.
No further information was found during field investigation.
Visited by OS (W D J) 30 June 1963.
Listed in the NMS catalogue under Acc. No. AD 1428. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1910. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library, with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 44 1909-10, p.9-12, 102-3, 187-8, 218-21, 282-5, 328-31. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 9-12, 102-3, 187-8, 218-2. 102.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AD 1428.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 6090 0759 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5476 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.