MHG12810 - Lairg Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Built, 19th Century - 1867 AD to 1868 AD (between))
- None recorded
NC50SE 65 5826 0390
The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, pp. 71, 91) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974
J Aitken : 19/2/2004
(Location cited as NC 588 039). Lairg Station, opened 1868 by the Sutherland Rly. This station is virtually identical with that at Invershin (NH59NE 35).
J R Hume.
This intermediate station on the Inverness - Georgemas Junction - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') line of the former Highland Rly. was opened (by the Sutherland Rly.) on 13 April 1868. It remains in regular passenger use.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 137.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 319.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Tatlow, P. 1985. Highland railway miscellany: a pictorial record of the company's activities in the public eye and behind the scenes. pls. 113-14.
- --- Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5821 0392 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5131 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.