MHG12890 - Salmon Station; W of Invershin Farm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FISHING STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NH59NE 31 5735 9664
The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, p. 249) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974
J Aitken : 19/2/2004
(Location cited as NH 573 967). Invershin Salmon Station, mid 19th century. A two-storey, U-plan building with an attached dwelling house, containing twin ice-houses and a boiling house.
J R Hume 1977.
"Icehouse" marked on E side of cluster of buildings, to W of buildings referred to as Invershin 1st ed OS. - HAW 10/2002
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Old Salmon Station, Invershin.. Colour Slide. .
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 312.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Highland Council Archaeology Unit. HCAU Slide Collection Sheet 13. Colour slide. . Digital (scanned). 266, 272.
- --- Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5736 9663 (120m by 120m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB267 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13014 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.