MHG12906 - Invershin Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH59NE 35 5796 9534
(Location cited as NH 580 954). Invershin Station, built c. 1868 for the Sutherland Rly.This disused station is virtually disused to that at Lairg (NC50SE 65) and similar to that at Rogart (NC70SW 46).
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station of the former Highland Rly was opened by the Sutherland Rly. on 13 April 1868. It remains in regular passenger use.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 127.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 312, 319.
- --- SHG2902 Text/Publication/Volume: Vallance, H A. 1985. The Highland railway. 4th, extd. 35.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5795 9545 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13018 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.