MHG13073 - Township, Tubeg
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC12SE 2 1890 2515 and 1979 2442.
(NC 1890 3515 & NC 1979 2442) Easter Tobeg (NAT) & Tobeg (NAT) (Two roofless buildings - five roofed buildings unroofed on OS 6" 1906) OS 6"map, Sutherland, 2nd ed., (1878)
SE group shown as about 6 buildings with arable.
W Roy 1747.
Both groups described. Easter Tubeg comprises two rectangular ruins 25 ft by 12 ft; Tubeg comprises a large, well-preserved ruin with outhouses, 60 ft by 18 ft, and with chimney stacks surviving.
Information from typescript Ms report Roman Hill, see Boy's Sch Expl 6p 1901.
Refers to 'the winterings' of Upper and Lower Tubeg. Upper Tubeg belonged to Inisnadaff farm and Lower Tubeg to Stranchouby farm.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 1978 2442 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4543 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.