MHG13719 - Bower Church
Former Free Church of Scotland, probably constructed c.1844 at the same time as the adjacent manse.
Type and Period (1)
- FREE CHURCH (Built, 19th Century - 1844 AD? to 1844 AD (circa))
- None recorded
A former Free Church of Scotland, now converted to use as a barn. <1>
The adjacent manse was constructed in 1844. <2>
Gifford seems to be referring to this building when he describes it as being built c.1845 with walls heightened in 1855. However the rest of the description does not match and appears to refer to the former United Free Church to the north (see MHG52667). There may be some confusion here. <3><4>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Webpage: Caithness Community Web Site.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Private individual. 2008-11. Feedback from website visitor. Yes. Digital. Chris Irwin, 29/07/2009.
- <3> Text/Publication/Monograph: Gifford, J. 1992. Highland and Islands. The Buildings of Scotland. Paper (Original). p 106.
- <4> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 23008 60574 (23m by 25m) (Centred)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.