MHG13886 - Stone Axeheads - Skye
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
NG43SE 2 unlocated.
Three stone axes listed from Skye without further information or exact provenance.
1. Axe of Jasper, 3x2 ins. (Acc. No. X.AF 82)
2. Axe, 2 3/4 x 1 3/4 ins. (Acc. No. X.AF 83)
3. Axe, 2 1/4 x 1 3/4 ins.
All in the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland (NMAS).
NMAS 1892; RCAHMS 1928.
The parish assigned to this record is arbitrary. The findspot could not be located.
Information from RCAHMS (LMcC) 22 January 2009
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 11256.
- --- Dataset/Database File: Kruse, S. 2019. Highland Finds from Pre- 1918 NMS Catalogue. National Museums of Scotland. Digital. X.AF 82-3.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4500 3000 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11256/skye (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.