MHG1414 - Cocky Stone
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CARVED STONE (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The 'Cocky Stone', at which the produce of the land was sold, stood on the same side of the street as the Town Hall.
Thurso Town Council 1934.
The 'Cocky stone' stood to S of present entrance to the Town Hall and is long since removed.
W Campbell 1902.
This stone was not located. No info as to its present whereabouts was obtained. Sited to ND 1184 6851 from information above.
Visited by OS (E G C) 18 April 1962.
No change despite enquiries. Visited by OS (J M) 17 2 1982.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1184 6850 (6m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8441 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.