MHG1428 - Georgemas Junction Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
(Location cited as ND 154 593). Georgemas Junction Station, opened 1874 by the Sutherland and Caithness Rly.
J R Hume 1977.
This, the most northerly railway junction in the British Isles, is situated at the division of the Wick and Thurso terminal lines of the 'Far North' line of the (former) Highland Rly. It was opened (by the Sutherland and Caithness Rly.) on 28 July 1874.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 102.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 191.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1548 5931 (425m by 293m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8289 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.