MHG14380 - Auchnasaul

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • TOWNSHIP (Undated)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

NM55SE 12 centred on 571 515

Fernish (later called Auchnasaul): Seven houses and a ruin in 1872, now only late 19th-century farm buildings. Remains of three houses at NM 573 513. Main site occupied by 1755 and continuously since then.
P Gaskell 1968

One unroofed, seven roofed buildings, three enclosures, one of which is incomplete, and a head-dyke are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire, Island of Mull 1880, sheet liii). One unroofed, three roofed buildings, two enclosures and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1976).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 22 June 1998

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NM 5720 5160 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NM55SE
Civil Parish MORVERN
Geographical Area LOCHABER

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.