MHG15083 - Township - Ballinluig
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
NH 9315 1990
The stone footings of two longhouses F & G10m by 4m, lie to the South of a rectangular enclosure H, 10m square. The sites of other buildings are suggested by roughly rectangular hollows on both sides of the modern track as shown on Fig 4. The South boundary is formed by an irregular earth and stone dyke as shown on the earlier OS maps. This is partly masked by field clearance stones dumped over the fence.
None of the buildings is shown on the early OS map series and they must be presumed to have been abandoned long before 1870.
They represent the remains of a small farm/croft between Ballinluig and Balnacruie.
Wordsworth 1996, Site 2 (see Hlinked report)
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9314 1990 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.