MHG15278 - St Mary's Church (CoS), Grey's Place, Main Street, Lybster
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Built, 19th Century - 1836 AD to 1836 AD)
Church (Chapel of Ease) Marked on 1st ed OS.
Application to convert (again) from gallery to…… - HAW 2/2003
A desk-based assessment and management survey for the redundant church was carried out in 2010 by A K P Wright, for by the Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. The purpose was to produce a conservation statement to arrive at an understanding of the history of the former church, how it had changed over time, and its architectural and townscape importance. It was one of a suite of documents under preparation for a feasibility study promoted by North Lands Creative Glass which would examine the potential of the structure to accommodate sustainable new uses which will benefit the community of Lybster. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2480 3563 (20m by 16m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB10951 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/208508 (Link to CANMORE rdcord)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.