MHG15360 - Railway Station, Newtonmore
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NN79NW 15 715 984
Opened 9 September 1863 (Inverness & Perth Junction Railway), later Highland Railway Company. Station rebuilt in 1893.
R V J Butt 1995; P Tatlow 1985
Architecture: William Roberts 1895
Station opened 9.9.1863
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 171.
- --- SHG2854 Text/Publication/Volume: Tatlow, P. 1985. Highland railway miscellany: a pictorial record of the company's activities in the public eye and behind the scenes. Pl.94.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 7157 9844 (23m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||KINGUSSIE AND INSH|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7673 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/87614 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.