MHG15443 - Carrbridge Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Built in 1897 for the Highland Railway as part of their direct line to Inverness. The station building, platform shelter and footbridge were listed at Category B in 1994.
A photograph of the footbridge and station was submitted to the HER by A Taylor in 2010. <1>
The statutory address and list description were revised by Historic Scotland in 2013 as part of Scottish Signal Box Review (2012-13). <2>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <2> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2013. Combined Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council, One Hundred and Forty First Amendment) 2013. Historic Scotland. 11/07/2013. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8988 2247 (25m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB6636 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/110170 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.