MHG15511 - 66 High Street (former Alma Hotel), Ardersier
A late C18, 2-storey irregular-plan terraced house, and latterly a hotel, in the High Street, Ardersier. It was listed in 1986.
Type and Period (1)
- HOTEL (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1775 AD to 1825 AD (between))
A late C18, 2-storey irregular-plan terraced house, and latterly a hotel, in the High Street, Ardersier.
The building was added to the statutory list at Category B in 1986.
Photographs of the former hotel were taken by S Kruse in 2013 for the ARCH Ardersier and Hilton Local Heritage Project. <1>
The building was re-assessed by Historic Scotland in May 2014 with a decision to retain the building on the statutory list but at category C. <2>
The list category, statutory listing address and list description were amended in 2015. <3>
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2013-14. Ardersier and Hilton Local Heritage Project. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital.
- <2> Text/Report: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2015. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Ardersier. Historic Scotland. Digital.
- <3> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2015. Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council), 193rd Amendment 2015. Historic Scotland.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7817 5517 (12m by 18m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1747 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/98995 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.