MHG15513 - Littlemill Bridge Over the Allt Na Fuar-ghlaic
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (19th Century - 1815 AD to 1815 AD (circa))
Thomas Telford, circa 1815. Double span rubble bridge with slight hump-back. Dressed rubble arch rings. Stumpy
triangular cutwaters; dressed rubble parapet; splayed approaches. Though the burn is narrow, it is liable to flooding the double span bridge crosses wide river bed, well defined by flanking squared rubble retaining walls.
On Parliamentary road from Inverfarigaig to Daviot, to join main Perth road. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7095 3752 (10m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1705 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=HL141 (View photographs and information on Scottish Highland Bridges website)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/228824 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.