MHG15570 - Windyhill, 85 High Street, Ardersier
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- THATCHED COTTAGE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1701 AD? to 2100 AD)
A late C19 (c. 1875)single storey and attic, 3 bay and roughly square plan cottage of clay and boulder walling in High Street, Ardersier.
The building was added to the statutory list at Category B in 1986.
The building was re-assessed by Historic Scotland in May 2014 with a decision to retain the building on the statutory list but at category C. <1>
The category, statutory listing address and list description were amended in 2015. <2>
- <1> Text/Report: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2015. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Ardersier. Historic Scotland. Digital.
- <2> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2015. Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council), 194th Amendment 2015. Historic Scotland.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7823 5496 (17m by 28m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1751 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/99002 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.