MHG15827 - Former Church of Scotland manse, Daviot
A mid 19th-century house with possible 18th-century origins. Torguish House was formerly the Church of Scotland manse.
Type and Period (1)
- MANSE (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1763 AD to 1850 AD (at some time))
A former Church of Scotland manse, possibly remodelling an earlier manse which was built in 1763. Architectural details can be found in the Listed Building description. <1>
John Duncan notified the HER that this building was wrongly located on the record and is no longer a Church of Scotland manse. The current manse adjacent to the church is a modern building. This building is now a private house and B & B. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 72497 39633 (18m by 22m) (Centred)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1701 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/228819 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.