MHG15876 - Daviot Mains (Including Horse Engine House)
An early C19 farmstead at Daviot Mains.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
A large 2-storey farm square with principal east facing elevation circa 1820. <1> <2>
The building is a traditional two storey masonry courtyard steading with integrated cottages. A photographic sruvey was undertaken due to a planning condition by A F Cruden Associates in May 2006. <3>
- <1> Collection: Historic Scotland. Listed Buildings in the Highland Region.
- <2> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): A F Cruden Associates. 05/2006. Condition and photographic survey - Daviot Steading, Daviot and Dunlichity. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7254 4064 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1703 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/228811 (Link to Canmore Record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.