MHG15893 - Bourtree House, 26 High Street, Ardersier
A late C18 irregular three-bay house in High Street, Ardersier. It was listed in 1986 and de-listed in 2015.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1701 AD to 2100 AD)
A late C18 irregular three-bay house in High Street, Ardersier.
The building was added to the Statutory List at Category C in 1986.
A basic photographic record of the exterior of the rear of the building was produced in 2011 as a condition of a planning application to demolish the existing substandard lean-to porch and erect a 3/4 storey extension. <1>
The building was re-assessed by Historic Scotland in May 2014 with a decision to remove the building from the statutory list. <2>
It was removed from the Statutory list in 2015. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Shanks, J.. 2011. Photographic record, Bourtree Cottage, 26 High Street, Ardersier. Colour. Digital.
- <2> Text/Report: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2015. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Ardersier. Historic Scotland. Digital.
- <3> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2015. Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council), 182nd Amendment 2015. Historic Scotland.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7815 5536 (29m by 17m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/ (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/174498 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.