MHG16095 - Dalchork Steading
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Renumbered from NC51SE0068A
NN51SE 67.01 5727 1062
This steading is comprised of two separate sets of buildings. One set of buildings consists of an 'L'-planned range witrh a water powered threshing barn, a cattle shelter, a byre, a cartshed/ clipping shed with a granary above, a detached stable and gig house which is now linked by a covered cattle court to the straw barn end of the threshing barn range. There is also a large sheep handling system including a clipping shed, pens, a dipper, a loading ramp, a dip boiler and so on. The second set of buildings are a dairy complex dating from the 1930s, including a single-storey range of dairy/ bottling plant, byres, cattle sheds, bull pens, a silage tower and a covered yard.
RCAHMS (Scottish Farm Buildings Survey), 1998.
See NMRS MS 744/100.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Sutherland Estates. 1866-. Sutherland Estates building specifications. Dalchork 1874, 1-22.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Wade Martins, S. 1997. ''A Century of Farms and Farming on the Sutherland Estate, 1790 - 1890'', Review of Scottish Culture, Vol 10, 1996-7, pp 33-54. 51.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5727 1062 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/87100 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.