MHG16128 - Burnt Mound - Hillhead
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BURNT MOUND (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
NH75SE 29 7753 5001
'Possible burnt mound': No details given.
J Wordsworth 1991. <1>
See also MHG53687. A wedge-shaped area of fire-cracked stones in charcoal silt was identified during observation on the route of the Nairn to Inverness pipeline. It was partially obscured by ploughsilt. <2>
The NGR originally used for this record is probably incorrect, as both <1> and <2> give the same NGR of NH 7753 5001. The NGR was therefore altered. <3>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Wordsworth, J. 1991. 'Hillhead Farm (Petty parish): possible burnt mound', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1991, p.41. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 41. 41.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth, J.. 11/1991. Inverness - Nairn British Gas Pipeline 1991. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 30/01/1998. Digital (scanned as PDF). Site 52.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Carey, G. 2010-2011. Comment by Giles Carey, HER Officer.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7753 5001 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/85412 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.