MHG16367 - Town House, 7 Cathedral Square, Fortrose
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWN HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
This view given is as faces onto the Cathedral Square, Rear onto the High St (see photo). Upper floor was previously the Town House. NB this lot is likely to be considerably earlier than 19th century.
Told by locals that this is one of the buildings with tunnel towards Cathedral, examined by local and "old pots that crumbled to dust when touched" found in it - HAW 11/2003
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7267 5659 (20m by 21m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB31815 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/106605 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.