MHG16372 - Heatherlie, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
Heatherlie was ‘originally named The Studio when built in 1897, it was a photographer’s studio and home ... It also incorporated a small bank entered by a second entrance’ (Murray 1985). The bank is marked on the OS 2nd edition map (1906).
Murray, D., 1985. Victorian Strathpeffer. A walk around this unique highland village. Inverness <1>
- --- SHG23810 Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <1> SHG25338 Collection/Project Archive: Various. Remembering Strathpeffer. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. Site 13.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4828 5821 (24m by 23m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7860 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108908 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.