MHG16401 - Highland Hotel, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOTEL (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
The interior panelling was covered up to protect it during the war, when the hotel was used to house troops. After the war, the hotel accommodated soldiers’ families.
Information from Margaret Spark, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011. <1>
- --- SHG23810 Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- --- SHG25366 Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <1> SHG25338 Collection/Project Archive: Various. Remembering Strathpeffer. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. Site 22.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4824 5812 (49m by 63m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7861 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108916 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.