MHG16425 - Strathpeffer Parish Church (Church of Scotland)
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NH45NE 44 4820 4799.
ARCHITECT: William C Joass 1888
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe via the Highland HER Flickr group.<1>
Neil MacDonald remembers an underground chamber in the grounds of the church, between it and the road (c. NH 4822 5797). Children played there in the 1940s-1950s. It is now filled in, with a lump in the ground where it originally was.
Information from Neil MacDonald, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011 <2>
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Various. Remembering Strathpeffer. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. Site 66.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4820 5799 (31m by 44m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7832 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12441 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.