MHG16426 - Viaduct Over River Erradale (on B8056) - South Erradale
14 arched rubble viaduct, South Erradale
Type and Period (1)
- VIADUCT (19th Century - 1850 AD to 1899 AD)
Mid-19th century 14 arched rubble viaduct (BeatonWester Ross Project - Cathy Dagg, 23/3/04 <1>
A survey of South Erradale was undertaken by Macinnes, A. in 2013.
Site 53. South Erradale bridge. <2>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs. <3>
Note; not shown on 1st Edition OS 6" (T.Blackie 15/11/19)
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2013. The crofting township of South Erradale. Anne MacInnes. Digital.
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 08/2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Gairloch. Yes. Site 31.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2013. The ruins and features of South Erradale. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.20 Site 53.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7439 7129 (19m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (4)
- http://kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=11_05 (View more information on this bridge from a website about Highland Bridges)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7901 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104956 (Link to HES Canmore record)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/111297 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.