MHG16428 - Site of Old Cottage and Byre, Woodside, Aultvaich

Summary

An early-mid 19th century cottage and byre, now demolished.

Type and Period (4)

  • HOUSE (In use, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD? to 1987 AD? (at some time))
  • BYRE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1866 AD (at some time))
  • CRUCK HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1866 AD (at some time))
  • CRUCK BARN (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1866 AD (at some time))

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A single storey, cruckframed, early-mid 19th century cottage and byre which was listed in 1990, details as per the building description (see attached listed building report). The cottage had an unusual plan form which appears to be peculiar to the Aultvaich Dunmore area. <1>

The cottage was demolished in 1993 and the cruck beams are now housed in the Highland Folk Museum. It is not clear whether the byre was demolished or if it is still extant. <2>

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 50753 48284 (31m by 11m) (Mastermap)
Map sheet NH54NW
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish URRAY

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.