MHG16429 - Parish Church, Resolis
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
James Boag, 1767, harled and ashlar dressings; slated roof. Rectangular 4-bay church with birdcage bellcote at west
gable; tall pointed arched windows at south elevation with vestry projecting from between centre bays; at north 2
flights of steps from bank against which church is built lead to catslide-roofed porches placed each side of the centre and serving gallery; later porches at gables to serve lower area; later leaded glazing. <1>
Photos. Warning of danger of collapsing plaster in church & not to use gallery. <2>
Former parish church recently converted to housing. There is no graveyard attached to the church or any other kirkyard structures. <3><4>
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB Number 14947.
- <2> Verbal Communication: White, H. Comment by Hilary White, HC Archaeologist. 04/2004.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A. 03/2010. Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty. Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. 29/07/2010. Paper (Original).
- <4> Image/Photograph(s): Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust. 2009. Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6786 6548 (25m by 18m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB14947 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108330 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.