MHG16456 - Strathview, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
‘Strathview was built in 1890 on land bought by a Mr Skinner from the Countess of Cromarty. The property was originally a hotel called the Kildonan Hotel... During the First World Was the house was used as a convalescent home before reverting to use as a hotel. In the Second World War the house was used again as a convalescent home...In 1947 the property was divided into two semi-detatched dwelling houses called Kildonan and Strathview.’ (Museum of Childhood exhibition panel from ‘Hands across the Sea exhibition’ (2009)). <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4832 5844 (15m by 15m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7838 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/109119 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.