MHG16510 - Sheriff Court - Ferry Road, Dingwall
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- COURT HOUSE (1843-45, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD (built))
Dingwall Sheriff Court was designed by Thomas Brown II and built in 1843-5 as a second phase of construction with the associated prison and police station
Dingwall Sheriff Court was listed with the police station and prison at category B in 1983.
The building was reviewed by Historic Scotland in 2014 as part of the Scottish Courts Listing Review. The interior and exterior were seen at a site visit in August 2014. It was recommended that the listed building record be updated and the statutory address be changed <1>
The listed building record and statutory address were updated by Historic Scotland in Sept 2015. <2>
NH55NE0102 Police Station
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <1> Text/Report: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2014. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Dingwall Sheriff Court: Ferry Road, Sheriff Court, Prison and Former Police Station. Historic Scotland. Digital.
- <2> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Fraser, D.. 2015. Combined Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council, Two Hundred and fifteenth Amendment) 2015. Historic Scotland. 15/09/2015. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5543 5865 (44m by 38m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB24500 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/106051 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.