MHG16520 - Flowerdale House (Including Westerdale & Walled Garden)
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
1st ed OS shows large house on S side of large walled garden. Buildings attached to each corner of this. Stream run downs E side of outer garden wall on E & fedds saw mills. Other buildings barns & unnamed on this side. Kennels marked on E side of walled garden . Icehouse lies to W of house (see separate tecord). The area to the N is heavily treed, immediately in front of hous shows trees, but less dense (NB the early house sites are supposed to lie in paddock to S of this, with old garden wall lines visible) - HAW 9/2003
BIBLIOGRAPHIC REFERENCE: NMRS LIBRARY
Scottish Country Life, September 1928 p.285 photograph
- --- SHG2002 Text/Publication/Volume: Burke, J B. 1854. A visitation of the seats and arms of the noblemen and gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland.
- --- SHG25366 Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- --- SHG25450 Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 08/2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Gairloch. Yes. Site 34.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8141 7536 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7910 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/106542 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.