MHG16554 - Gates & Gatepiers, Avoch Football Ground, Avoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- GATE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Alexander Ross, 1873; erected on present site, circa 1960. 4 square-plan chamfered and stopped ashlar gate piers with stepped pyramidal copes bearing ball finials. Original cast iron gates, double pair at centre and narrow single flanking. Both central piers have bronze sockets for bell pulls, one having original bronze pull.
Gate piers originally from Rosehaugh House-donated to Avoch football ground on demolition of house in 1959. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6996 5507 (10m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB402 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/111426 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.